Diarrhea is a common problem which normally lasts for few days and goes away on its own. However if you are suffering from diarrhea for a week or more, then it’s something to really worry about. Basically it results in draining away all water in our body that leads to some other problems such as weakness and blood pressure. If you feel the need of treating diarrhea, there are number of different techniques to get rid of it. If you browse across the internet, you will come up with many such techniques however not all are as effective as some selected ones. In this article I am going to list down the most effective ways of treating diarrhea. Try out these tips for few days and you will definitely see improvements in your condition. However, if you don’t notice any measureable improvement, it’s best to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Tips for getting rid of diarrhea:
- Medicines: Medications are obviously the most effective and simple way of treating diarrhea. The reason why many people prefer medicines over natural remedies is that they provide instant results. However, we all know that medicines carry certain side effects as well. It’s best not to use them unless prescribed by your doctor. Examples of some effective medicines are, loperamide, bismuth subsalicylate and kaopectate.
- Increasing fluid intake: As mentioned above, diarrhea results in draining away all water present in your body, it’s best to increase your fluid intake. These fluids could be in any form such as water or juice.
- Avoiding certain foods: Spicy foods often results in worsening this problem. It’s best to totally avoid foods containing excessive spice. Keep continuing this for at least 48 hours after the symptoms of diarrhea have totally disappeared.
- Avoiding milk: Just like spice, milk also advances diarrhea to the next level. It’s best not to drink milk for at least 3 days. However, this doesn’t apply for other dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt.
- Probiotics: Probiotics is considered to be the healthy bacteria. Foods containing probiotics helps your body with digestion reducing harmful bacteria causing diarrhea.
If followed correctly, these 5 effective tips are guaranteed to treat your problem. As mentioned above, in case you don’t see much different even after correctly following these techniques for few days, the best option is medication which can provide immediate results.