Diabetes is a common problem that most of us suffer from in their late thirties and forties. In simple words, it can be defined as the lifestyle disorder instead of the disease. However it may result in developing other diseases. Therefore, diabetes isn’t something that should be taken lightly. Preventing ourselves from diabetes is another story; the important part is to know if we are really suffering from it.
Symptoms of diabetes
Here are some symptoms of diabetes. If you are experience some of these symptoms, you are most likely suffering from diabetes.
- Urinating very often: People suffering from diabetes tend to rush to the toilets more often.
- Feeling thirsty: Not only urinating, but the diabetic patients feel to need to drink water more often as compared to the people not suffering from this problem.
- Blurry vision: Diabetes also results in blurry vision.
- Weight loss: Are you experiencing miraculous weight loss? Well, it’s probably not an exciting news for you because diabetes usually leads to weight loss.
- Slow healing: Diabetes also results in slow healing of cuts and bruises.
What causes diabetes?
Before talking about the ways to treat diabetes, it’s necessary to understand the reasons that lead to this problem. Here is the list of few reasons that results in diabetes.
- Bacterial and viral infections: Bacterial and viral infections often results in type 1 diabetes.
- Chemicals and toxins: Foods that we eat contain certain toxins and chemicals that can result in type 1 diabetes.
- Diet: Our diet also plays in important role in the development of type 2 diabetes
- Obesity: Obesity is also one of the main factors that results in this problem.
- Increasing age: It’s a matter of fact that how hard we try to prevent ourselves from diabetes, our increasing age can also lead us to this problem
How to treat diabetes?
Here are few effective ways of treating diabetes:
- Insulin: Type 1 diabetes can be treated using insulin shorts
- Exercise: Exercising is a solution to many different problems. It work wonders in treating diabetes.
- Limiting carbohydrates: This is the reason why so many diabetic patients avoid adding sugar to their tea. Carbohydrate is known for worsening diabetes to the serious levels.
- Medications: There are many different medicines known for treating diabetes. However you shouldn’t try to use these medicines before consulting to the doctor. Examples of such medicines are; sulfonylureas, meglitinides, metformin, thiazolidinediones etc.