If you are suffering from panic attacks, there’s a high chance that you are also suffering from anxiety. Anxiety is a feeling where you experience problems such as heart pounding out loud and feeling as if you would blackout. If you search through the internet, you will come up with hundreds of different methods of treating anxiety attacks. However before jumping on to the treatments, we must first understand why does it occur and who is more likely to suffer from anxiety.
Well, the majority of people suffering from anxiety are found to be men in their late thirties and forties. If you are previously suffering from problems such as stress and depression, you are more likely to suffer from anxiety attacks as well. Stress that builds up within your mind over a long period releases out in the form of anxiety. After doing my own research, I found out few simple techniques for treating anxiety. However, it’s best to consult a doctor if your condition is at a serious stage.
Tips for treating anxiety attacks:
1. Medications for treating anxiety: There are numerous medications available for treating anxiety; however you shouldn’t try using these medicines unless it is recommended by your doctor. The reason is that each of these medicines is good for treating the certain level of anxiety. These levels can only be determined by a doctor so he knows the best. Medicines that are usually recommended are Paxil, Zoloft and Buspirone. Be careful not to overuse because all these medications carry certain side effects that can lead to other serious problems and diseases. It’s also important to know that this type of treatment is only considered as short term treatment of anxiety attacks.
2. Treating anxiety without medications: As mentioned above, medicines are recommended just to provide short term treatment for anxiety. If you really want a permanent solution to this problem, you must try these tips mentioned below.
3. Don’t overthink: There’s no doubt that overthinking builds up stress which can later result in anxiety problems. Most people who suffer from anxiety tend to overthink about minor issues. The first step to treat this problem is to quit this destructive habit.
4. Morning walk: Morning walk relaxes your mind by draining away mind burdens. Not only its good from treating anxiety but also works for treating many other problems such as depression, insomnia and stress.
5. Exercising: Another effective technique for treating anxiety is exercising of daily basis. There is no fixed amount of time you must spend on this activity. As little as 15 minutes a day is enough to keep you prevented.
6. Consulting a psychiatrist: Its best to share your thoughts and feelings with a psychiatrist. It’s considered to be an ultimate solution of treating anxiety.